Saturday 19 February 2022

Ice age

Philip still forswears hi-vis.

File this one under, should have known better.

Fag end of storm Eunice brought us snow. Which is always vile for working outdoors. But we soldiered on and I think we are all heroes - apart from me who was more of a donkey leading lions.

We were: Stephen, Sophie, Richard, Matthew, Harry, Peter, Hap, Dave, Philip, Cath, Geoff, Jess, Tanya, Kayleigh, and Kai. 

Gave up and ran away, so ended up taking an unknown number of trees away unplanted. Some are in a bag in my backyard. Tools could be anywhere, I have half a dozen. Started with a dozen. Dave took some tools and trees.

Everyone got home alive, which is something.

This song is properly what it felt like.

If there is even a wisp of a cloud in the sky next week I'm staying in bed.

https://youtu.be/cDrBTr5HOrI

After consulting recovering participants, and counting what I'd got in the bag, it was apparent that we planted 157 trees. 27 Scots Pine, 36 Sessile Oak, 58 Downy Birch, and 36 Rowan.

All tools also now accounted for.

This is how it looked 4 days later.